T4 CONVERTER SDK
In order to facilitate the creation of new converters, all the necessary resources have been collected in one SDK to be distributed as a ZIP file. The content of the SDK (see document linked below) is the following:
- The Converter Programer's Guide : A guide to program new converters using the SDK.
- Tfm4-binding.jar: A library to handle Tfm4 XML files, implemented using JAXB.
- commons-t4.jar: A library that includes utilities for T4 family projects (you just need to include it in classpath since it is necessary for converter-t4.jar)
- converter-t4.jar: A library with all the required classes of the Transformer 4 converter's Framework.
- javadoc: A directory containing some javadoc files describing the relevant classes that the converter programer could need.
- converterTester.zip: A NetBeans project containing an example of a dummy converter.
- Tfm4Files: A directory containing some Tfm4 files to use in your new converter's tests.
Once you have downloaded the SDK zip file to your computer, you can decompress it in a directory, which we will refer to as <sdk_dir>. We encourage you to read this guide completely before doing anything else.
To start working, you can unzip the converter "Tester.zip" to a directory and navigate through the sources. You can also open it with NetBeans, have a look and play with it.
To start creating your own converter, you can use your favorite IDE adding the provided jar files to the classpath. On the other hand, you can unzip the provided NetBeans example project (converterTester.zip), and rename it to your convenience, so you will have a project ready to use it as a starting point.